III. Information We Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information on our Sites, apply or register for BalletAuditions events, or otherwise interact with the BalletAuditions, including, but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for an BalletAuditions event or program, or purchasing BalletAuditions products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, Email address, credit card, or other financial account information. The BalletAuditions may also receive Personally Identifiable Information of individuals who are new admittees from various state entities.
2. Non-Personal Data: As you interact with our Sites, we may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to the Sites and our use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address , and other tools. "Cookies" are pieces of code/text placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as the BalletAuditions may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you and your visits to Sites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.)(collectively, all of the foregoing data the "Non-Personal Data").
IV. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver BalletAuditions products and services
- Publish membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law or to protect the BalletAuditions as described below
- Share your email address as permitted under BalletAuditions Email Policy as described below
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, the BalletAuditions occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing and delivering promotional offers, sweepstakes or contests, answering customer questions about products or services, consulting services, data modeling, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registrations. In such cases, the BalletAuditions may share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information with Certain Other Companies. BalletAuditions may share Personally Identifiable Information, except for Email addresses, with certain other companies in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, which helps contribute non-dues revenue to the BalletAuditions.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect the BalletAuditions’s Interests. The BalletAuditions may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the BalletAuditions; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BalletAuditions; or (c) protect the personal safety of BalletAuditions personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if the BalletAuditions and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if the BalletAuditions undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to BalletAuditions Policy. Your e-mail address will only be used by the BalletAuditions and its entities. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the BalletAuditions. The BalletAuditions will also not share e-mail addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or BalletAuditions members. Please understand, however, that your Email address may be visible to other subscribers, others who have interest in BalletAuditions events, as well as the general public through Directory Lists as set forth above. The BalletAuditions may also share your Email address with third parties to enable the BalletAuditions to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, the BalletAuditions may share Email addresses with third parties as necessary for the BalletAuditions to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
V. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and e-mail preferences, including opting out of e-mail either online or by contacting us. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from the BalletAuditions and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us. For California residents, please consult the “Your California Privacy Rights” for additional considerations.
VI. How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-BalletAuditions companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the BalletAuditions.
How You Can Manage the Collection of Non-Personal Data. Third party advertising companies may collect data about your visit to our Sites and others to provide you more relevant advertising here and elsewhere on the Internet. This type of advertising is known as Online Behavioral Advertising. You can stop this collection and use of data for these purposes by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting the “Opt Out From Online Behavioral Advertising” website. By opting out, the ads you see may be less relevant, and you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Sites and elsewhere.
VII. California Privacy Rights
VIII. Canada Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
The BalletAuditions complies with CASL. Non-BalletAuditions Members or Associates who have provided us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (CEMs as defined under CASL) unless these individuals have opted-in to receive CEMs.
We do not knowingly collect personal data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
X. Information Security
XI. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, the BalletAuditions Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
XII. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XIII. How You Can Access and Change Information
If you are a registered user of the Sites, subscriber to BalletAuditions publications, purchaser of BalletAuditions products and services, or an BalletAuditions member, you may review and update/correct your information directly on the BalletAuditions’s website—balletauditions.org—or by contacting us.
Attn: Customer Service
1235-A North Clybourn #349
Chicago, IL 60610